The easy-to-use system provides clean sediment for microscopic examination and requires minimal processing time. Excellent results are obtained using either fresh or preserved specimens.
FPC® Jumbo™ uses one 50 mL polypropylene tube with an interconnected, precision molded strainer that fits onto a 30 mL vial. The larger system is ideal for large specimen amounts and is better suited for fresh, watery specimens. The 0.6 mm × 0.6 mm holes allow the parasites to pass through the strainer, but the system retains the excess fecal debris. FPC® Jumbo™ is a modification of the formalin-ether (F-E) method of Ritchie and was developed at the National Institutes of Health; it is available exclusively from Evergreen Scientific.
- Patented, leakproof, self-contained two tube system
- Standardization of concentration method, eliminating varying results among different users
- Minimizes personnel exposure to potentially infectious specimens
- No funnel, no gauze, no mess
- Simple, safe, sanitary, and efficient
- Minimal odor
- Fresh fecal specimens or specimens preserved in 5% or 10% formalin, merthiolate iodine formalin (MIF), polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) or sodium acetate-acetic acid-formalin (SAF) can be used in this system