The easy-to-use system provides clean sediment for microscopic examination and requires minimal processing time. Excellent results are obtained using either fresh or preserved specimens.
FPC® -SV™ uses a closed system comprised of a polypropylene tube containing a strainer/plunger apparatus with a 15 mL centrifuge tube. Using the plunger, the fresh or preserved stool is pushed through the 0.6 mm × 0.6 mm holes in the strainer into the formalin, while the excess fecal debris is retained in the cup portion of the device. This system can be used with various stool fixatives or fresh specimens. This system is particularly relevant for the types of animal stools seen in the veterinary practice (often formed stool and/or containing very coarse food substances). FPC® is a modification of the formalin-ether (F-E) method of Ritchie and was developed at the National Institutes of Health; it is available exclusively from Evergreen Scientific.
- Highly recommended for the veterinary practice, as well as for human clinical specimens
- Plunger/strainer system
- Patented, leakproof, self-contained system
- Standardization of concentration method, eliminating varying results among different users
- Minimizes personnel exposure to potentially infectious specimens
- No funnel, no gauze, no mess
- Simple, safe, sanitary, and efficient
- Minimal odor
- Fresh fecal specimens or specimens preserved in 5% or 10% formalin, merthiolate iodine formalin (MIF), polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) or sodium acetate-acetic acid-formalin (SAF) can be used in this system